Monday, August 27, 2007

The First Step...

They say that the first step is admitting that you have a problem.

I have a book problem. Really. I spend money that I really shouldn't on books, and I LOVE every single minute of it. Really.

I also love Andrew, but he is a bad influence on me. On Sunday, at the Barnes and Noble in Nashville, I bought SIX books (admittedly, one was free, but the plan had been not to buy ANY books, and instead, I bought SIX).

So now, no more, I have made a solemn oath to myself and my wallet, with Andrew and all my blog readers (all three of you) as my witness, that

I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER BOOK UNTIL I HAVE READ AND BLOGGED TEN BOOKS.

I have even selected the ten, and they are (in no special order)

The Queen's Fool
By Philippa Gregory
500 pages

The Female Brian
By Louann Birzendine, M.D.
187 pages (excluding notes and references)

Maximum City: Bombay Lost and Found
By Suketu Mehta
542 pages

The Great Mortality: An Intimate History of the Black Death
By John Kelly
303 pages (excluding notes and references)

The Third Chimpanzee
By Jared Diamond
368 pages (excluding notes and references)

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
By Robert A. Heinlein
382 pages

The Princes of Ireland
By Edward Rutherfurd
770 pages

The Rebels of Ireland
By Edward Rutherfurd
863 pages

Saving Fish From Drowning
By Amy Tan
474 pages

Quicksilver
By Neal Stephenson
916 pages

That's ten books. 5,305 pages. Ten complete blog entries before I am allowed to visit Barnes and Noble again. I swear to it. (Although, I do have to admit that I am almost done with The Queen's Fool, but I still have to blog it, and updating the blog is something that I have been rather bad at... so that's a start.)

Right.

I really really really love to read.

No comments: